Now is your chance to own one of the most fun boats on the water. The twin waterjet powered Yamaha engines give you the versatility to safely tow skiers, cruise efficiently on plane, or just pull up to the beach easily and without worry. The SX240 has a striking V-step hull with a beautiful profile and is exceptionally roomy in the seating areas.
Manufacturer Provided Features & Original Options
- New Bow Seating Configurations: Endless options for maximum comfort and versatility including all new rumble seat design.
- Multiple Storage Compartments: Ten storage compartments include an enclosed head compartment (boat is not equipped with portable toilet), anchor storage compartment, storage under each seat and compartments under the starboard console. The SX240 High Output is also equipped with a full-size ski locker that accommodates skis or wakeboards. Stern storage is perfect for wet items, like ropes and wetsuits.
- Innovative Swim Platform: This stern with Hydro-Turf mats and upholstered backrest cushions can be transformed into a private patio on the water. New for 2010, the swim platform sits just inches above the water line, making easier than ever to get in and out of the water.
- GPS-based information control center: Digital displays can provide latitude, longitude, compass heading, elevation, water depth, water temperature, trip odometer, clock, engine hours, engine speed, vessel voltage, vessel speed, highest speed, fuel level, fuel used and they are the first in the industry to provide real time (gallons per hour and miles per gallon) fuel flow data.
- 3 Position No Wake Mode: Three different RPM settings allowing the driver to easily increase or decrease their no wake speed to find the optimum setting.
- Cruise Assist: When engaged, Cruise Assist will hold the engines at a specific RPM for effortless cruising or towing and can be increased eight positions up and eight positions down at pre-set increments.
- Built-In Removable Cooler: Help keep beverages chilled and sandwiches fresh.
- Dinette Table: With all new side mounts at cockpit and stern.
- Center Walk-Thru Transom: Easy access to the stern patio area and swim platform from the cockpit.
- Extra Long Telescoping Reboarding Ladder: For easy boarding while in the water.
- Bow Ladder.
- Adjustable Tilt Steering Wheel: Allows the operator to adjust the angle of the steering wheel for added comfort.
- Independent, Dual Engine Controls: Adjusts each throttle position and control forward, neutral and reverse.
- Ample Seating for 11: J-shaped seating with dual captain's chairs provides excellent comfort and versatility.
- Marine Grade Carpet Kit: High-grade, removable carpet throughout the cockpit adds to the SX240 High Output comfort and great looks.
- 15 Stainless Steel Integrated Drink Holders: Located at all seat locations for easy access for everyone on board.
- Bimini Top: Premium Stainless Steel construction with Sunbrella material for better durability.
- Premium JBL stereo system with MP3 auxiliary input.
- High-quality Trailer: Every SX240 High Output comes complete with a custom painted trailer, spare tire and mount with swing-away tongue for easy storage.
- The SX240 High Output is powered by twin 1.8L Yamaha High Output engines. These 1812cc four cylinder, four-stroke Yamaha marine engines deliver excellent power in a compact package.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Electronically adjustable throttle bodies, throttle position sensor (TPS) and intake air pressure and air temperature sensors supply the optimum air/fuel mixture. The results are a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- SAWS (Scavenger Assist Wet Sump): Equipped with a high-performance, compact gas-liquid separator, this engine uses Yamaha's unique ultra compact lubrication system and the oil pan structure.
- Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping and engine diagnostics.
- Independent Water-jacketed Exhaust Manifolds with Collector: Achieves high power while keeping noise and exhaust heat under control.
- Thermostatic and Pressure Controlled Cooling System: Water flow through the engine is controlled by a thermostat and pressure system and is maintained by a pressure control valve.
- Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life. Cylinders, cases and heads are all treated with a durable oxide coating to form a barrier between corrosion and expensive engine parts.
- Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
The Jet Pump Propulsion System
- The SX240 High Output twin 155mm hyper-flow jet pump propulsion system with three-blade stainless steel impeller: Designed to maximize water flow for high performance. The twin pump configuration provides excellent hook-up and smooth acceleration.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook-up.
- Cooling Water Intake Filter: Filters out harmful debris that could cause blockage of important cooling water passages.
- Jet Pump Clean-out Plugs with Push Button: Allows for direct access to the inlet duct cavity to easily clear any debris from the pumps from inside the boat.
The Hull and Deck
Manufacturer Provided Engine Notes
- The SX240 High Output utilizes a deep-V, multi-chine hull with 20-degree dead rise. The hull and deck are constructed of multiple layers of fiberglass with sandwich core construction reinforcements.
- The fiberglass liner, which is separately constructed, represents a revolution in boat design, combining the floor, stringer, and engine mounting system. It is constructed from a custom blended polyester resin with engineered fiberglass laminates and 3/8" 6061-T6 aluminum plate for the engine mounts. The liner is bonded into the hull with polyurethane adhesive and then injected with foam to provide maximum floatation as well as longitudinal and lateral structural rigidity. The deck is then fastened to the hull with both mechanical fasteners and polyurethane adhesive giving this revolutionary semi-monocoque fiberglass structure unsurpassed strength and rigidity.
Twin 180 HP Yamaha inboard engines with waterjets.