In November/December of 2018, we had a fully custom designed, aluminum tubing and fibreglass hardtop built, for an extremely strong yet lightweight solution for solar panel mounting. The structure incorporates dinghy davits that are easily capable of lifting and holding our 9 foot RIB and 9.8hp 4 stroke motor while underway. This would cost you more than $6,000 to custom built in the States without the davits part.
• Full Standing rigging replacement in July 2017 - Everything from top to bottom replaced including new turnbuckles all around.
• 2 X Barlow 28 Jib Sheet Winches (In cockpit)
• 1 X Barlow 16 Main Sheet Winch (In cockpit)
• 3 X Barlow 16 Winches on Mast - Main Halyard, Jib Halyard, Topping Lift
• All running lines replaced November 2017
• All Stanchions and lifelines replaced January 2018 - Dyneema lifelines, professionally installed.
• Brand new Sailrite lifeline netting - keep your pets and personal belongings on board where you want them to be!
• Hood Mainsail - Great Condition, still crispy!
• Working Jib - Very Good condition
• Genoa (145) - Very Good Condition
• Perkins 4108 49hp with newer Bowman type Heat Exchanger
• Great running condition. Oil and filter changed every 100 hours of operation, or three months whichever comes first.
• Coolant/Antifreeze changed every six months.
• Borg Warner Velvet Drive Transmission - Smooth and quiet - Transmission Fluid Changed every 100 hours of operation, or three months.
• Brand New Jabsco Raw Water Pump - Installed January 2019
• One spare complete Jabsco pump ready for use - Two spare pumps for rebuild and parts.
• 1 X Rebuild Kit for Jabsco Raw Water Pump.
• 2 X Brand New Bowman Inline Oil Coolers - December 2018
• 10 replacement oil filers included.
• 10 replacement RACOR fuel filters included.
This Perkins is an extremely tough and reliable engine. Keep her topped off with clean oil, clean fuel and coolant, plus a good raw water supply and it will simply keep running!
Empress can also carry an impressive amount of diesel, which is important when you simply need to move from one place to another, particularly when the wind is against you!
• Main Diesel Tank - 55 Gallon
• Jerry Cans on Deck - 35 Gallons
• Fresh Water Tank - 75 Gallon
• 35lb Mantus on 150 feet 5/16 G4 Chain and Mantus Swivel (just bought January 2019)
o Also with Mantus Bridle and Mantus Chain hook. - All brand new December 2018.
• 35lb CQR on 50 feet 5/16 G4 Chain + 100 feet nylon rode - Chain and rode new Jan 2018.
• Windlass - BRAND NEW Lewmar Pro Series 1000 Horizontal Windlass, including new UP/DOWN footswitches, cockpit rocker switch, breaker and relay/contactor. (Just bought January 2019)
• House battery bank - 4 X 6V AGM 220 Ah Deep Cycle batteries - Total 400 Ah bank at 12 Volts.
• 2 X 160 Watt Solar Panels connected to Victron Blue Solar 100/50 MPPT Charge Controller.
• 2 X 60 Watt Solar Panels connected to 20 Amp MPPT Charge Controller.
• Go Power IC2000 Inverter Charger - 2000 Watt Inverter and 100 Amp Charger.
• Yamaha 2000 Inverter Generator - Only about 1.5 years old - Minimal hours, only used when using power tools etc.
• Rebuilt top loader chest fridge - 4 inches of closed cell insulation all around. Dometic Cold Machine CU84 12 Volt Compressor and L-shape Evaporator Plate (New February 2018)
• Free standing Dometic CFX65W top loading fridge or freezer. Used as a freezer on board. (New July 2017)
• Force 10 - 2 Burner Gimballed Stove with Oven Includes two replacement burner kits, unopened.
• 3 Gallon Fibreglass Propane Tank - Lasts us 1 month as a couple cooking three times a day / everyday.
• Magna stainless steel propane grill, for outside use.
• Garmin 741 XS Chart Plotter - New September 2017
• Furuno GPS Device
• Standard Horizon Matrix AIS GX2100 VHF Radio - Provides visual AIS targets to Garmin Chartplotter
• Standard Horizon Explorer VHF Radio.
• West Marine Handheld Floating VhF Radio
• Autopilot - Raymarine Smart Pilot 6001 - Type one electric linear drive. Very powerful and reliable, yet low power consumption autopilot!
• Nature’s Head Composting Toilet - No need for holding tank, no bad smells, no need for pump outs!
• Running water to the tap/faucet in the galley sink and to the sink in the head.
• Katadyn Power Survivor 35 Water Maker mounted in the head. New Membrane installed (pickled) and spare rebuild kit included.
• Viking 4 Man Offshore Liferaft in Valise- New February 2018 (worth $2,500++)
• Life Ring at Stern
• 4 X West Marine Self Inflating Life Preservers.
• 1 X Rule 2000 Bilge Pump with Rule Float Switch - both replaced September 2018 - 1 X spare float switch included. 1 bilge pump (Rule 2000, used) included as a spare/backup.
• 1 X Rule 3700 backup bilge pump - ‘Mobile Pump’ wired to battery clips and connected to 20 feet of bilge hose. Kept in locker under sofa in case of emergency. Never used!
• All new Floor, Hull and Overhead Linings, custom made using Infinity Luxury Woven Vinyl with Sunbrella Edging. (Flooring - Better than Teak II. Hull and overheads - Tatami.) This is a ‘No Glue’ Installation, meaning that all of the linings are removable and can be taken outside to be washed with a hose, rubbing brush and detergent. You also never have to worry about the usual issues of linings peeling away and falling off.
Infinity Luxury Woven Vinyl is an amazing material and the foam rubber backing actually insulates the interior of the boat from the heat outside.
This material retails at about $270 / Yard! -
• The sofas have been recovered with new foam and a soft, moisture and stain-resistant fabric in May 2018. Still like new.
• All new Lexan Windows/Portlights - Installed January 2019. 3/8 Inch Lexan Acrylic for strength and durability. This Lexan is tinted for heat protection, but appears clear from the inside!
• 3 X Caframo 12 Volt Fans installed in the Cabin/Salon. Small and quiet but powerful and effective, with the harmless flexi blades.
• V-Berth has been upgraded with a 10 inch memory foam mattress from Lull (King size, worth $850 brand new), cut to fit. The bed is very spacious; King size at the aft end and double at the forward end. Not your usual tiny v-berth! We also have memory foam pillows for you to use!
• 1 X Caframo 12 volt fan installed in V berth.
• We decided to paint the interior of the boat. Boats of this decade were very dark inside and the repaint transformed it completely. This is a very good paint job; we used two coats of Killz primer, then two coats of a white water-based, followed by two coats of Behr Marquee Satin Enamel colour (light sanding between coats). This paint job will last the life of the boat, however we have qua
• Caribe MVPL 9 LHT Inflatable RIB - 2014. Great condition Hypalon RIB. Has had protective chaps its whole life which are included in the sale, plus oars and foot pump. No leaks, no patches, maintained in great condition.
• Tohatsu 9.8 Four Stroke Outboard Engine - Model MFS9. 8A3 - 2013 - Great Condition, runs well. includes a 3.5 gallon fuel tank with connector hose. Includes a full replacement carburettor, ready to install. We have two because it makes life a lot easier when it comes time to ‘deep clean’ the carb - Just swap them over, then clean the removed one when you feel like it without disabling the dinghy!
EXTRA EQUIPMENT INCLUDED:
• 10.5 foot Paddle Board with adjustable paddle from SUP Smart Fort Lauderdale (bought for $1200).
• Spearfishing Gun - 2 of them!
• Fishing Equipment (2 rods)
• ATN Mast Climber with 90 feet of climbing halyard.
• Spare Freshwater pump and rebuild kit.
• Various kitchen items including pots and pans, crockery etc.
• Vast selection of spares and accessories for every part of the boat, including plumbing, electrical, mechanical and rigging hardware.
• Incredible amount of tools for any maintenance, upgrades and repairs you could possibly need to make. At least one of everything you would need. Many items there are two of!
• Makita 12 Volts Drill and Impact Driver
• Makita 12 Volt Saws’all
• Ryobi 110V Handheld/Angle Grinder
• Water heater/ Boiler (not yet installed)
• Different brand of boat maintenance and cleaning materials