At 50.8m, MRS L famously combines a dynamic and impressive exterior
with a cosy and tranquil interior design. Designed by Cor D Rover, she
was built by the prestigious Italian yard Mondomarine and delivered in
2009. Several notable studios, including Harrison Eidsgaard, Luca Dini
and Frédéric Mechiche have contributed to her serene environment
through a focus on rich textures and spacious surroundings.
MRS L underwent a significant refit in 2013, transforming the interior
into an open, welcoming space under the direction of Harrison
Eidsgaard. Exterior upgrades included a new awning to the aft upper
deck, additional aft deck seating and custom exterior furniture.
Major upgrades also took place in 2020. These include a completely
new AV/IT system, a new wrap on the garage beach club area and
internal transom door, a number of new watertoys including a Seadoo
GTX Limited 300 Jet Ski and 2x Seabobs F5, an upgraded galley and
pantries, new Magnus Marine shore power converter and a new custom
sea pool (in stock and ready for the new owner).
Hot Water: 2 x Electric boilers of 150 litres each
UVA treatment installation according to Lloyds Register classification
Toilet Syste:Jet vacuum system
Sewage Treatment: Hamann
Fuel Separator: Westfalia Minimax OTC2 – 380V 3-phases 50 Hz
Fuel Filters: Double Racor filters on engines & generators
AIS: 1 x AIS 150 System
Loudhailer: 1 x Kahlenberg horn
Anchor Windlass: 2 x Electric windlasses Opem ASLG 19 supplied by 380V – 3-phases
Aft Warping Capstans: 2 x Electric capstans Opem ATLG 35 supplied by 380V – 3-phases
2 x 130 m chains Ø 19 mm
1 x Anchor chains washdown integrated in bilge/ fire system
Bollards: 12 x Bollards by Mor Saverio according to plans 1 x Mor Saverio
Side Boarding Ladder: 1 x Stainless steel swim ladder 1 x Gangway Mor Saverio
Swim Ladder Gangway: 1 x Swim platform accessed throught an electro hydraulic transom door
Swimming Platform: 2 x Hydraulic fore deck cranes SOLAS compliant
Elevator: Serving 3 x decks (lower, main & upper)
Control 4 system with:
• 5 x Airplay Device
• Apple TV in all guest cabins and common areas
• 1 x 70» Sharp TV in Cinema lounge
• 1 x 46» Ultra Narrow public display for Owner’s suite
• 2 x 46» Slim public display for VIP cabins
• 2 x 40» Slim public display for Guests cabins
• 2 x AV Receivers in Cinema & Owner’s suite
• 2 x AV Receivers front HDMI Input in Guest cabins
• 1 x Game console; X Box 360, 250 GB, Kinect, 2 x
SAFETY & FIRE FIGHTING EQUIPMENT
• 4 x Switlik, DPS, Viking
• 4 x Life Ring stored in recesses with vessel identification as required by Solas
• 1 x Alarm panel in wheelhouse
• 1 x Alarm panel in crew mess
• 1 x FM200 fire fighting system
• Portable powder &/or CO2 &/or foam fire-extinguishers in each room & engine room
• Smoke & heat detectors are installed.
TENDERS & WATERSPORTS EQUIPMENT
• Williams 445 Diesel Jet (New 2020)
• SeaDoo GTX 300 Limited Wave Runner (New 2020)
• 2 x Sea Bob F5 (New 2020)
• 1 x Junior skis
• 1 x Adult skis
• 1 x Slalom ski• 1 x Wakeboard including bindings for women
• 2 x 1-person towable tubes
• 1 x Double person tube
• 1 x Towable banana tube
Under Water Lights: Submerged water-lights on transom & on each side
Interior & Exterior Design
Harrison Eidsgaard, under the direction of Ben Harrison, Creative Director, transformed the interior into an open, welcoming space—existing elements were enhanced to create a relaxing, warm environment. Ben Harrison combined bespoke furniture from Davidson, Glyn Peter Michin, and Silverlining; floor coverings from Stark and Oliver Treutlein; and fabrics and leathers from Abbott & Boyd, Altfield, and Spinneybeck to create the new interior and exterior ambiance. Vedder G.m.b.H, the interior contractors, worked closely with Eidsgaard
throughout to deliver precision drawings and finally, a precision interior for the Owner.
Highlights of the interior design works:
• New 190mm oak planking throughout, with custom fabricated carpet insets in seating & sleeping areas
• New fabric panels throughout, light designs replaced the original dark mahogany
• Cabinet & wardrobe doors re-covered in complementary fabrics
• All new interior furniture to complement the design aesthetic
• New window treatments throughout
• New consoles in main deck saloon with cold storage incorporated inside
• Complete alteration of the Owner’s Suite, including new side tables, new ceiling corniche panels & the bed frame re-covered in leather, custom woven leather coverings on outboard cupboards, wardrobe layout improved, new flooring & window treatments to suit.
• Guest cabins updated with fabric covered ceiling & wall panels.
• Sound deadening division added between the aft VIP cabins
• New mattresses & linens throughout – Renewed
• Bespoke & tasteful dressing of the yacht
• Day heads & en-suites updated with new stone
floor laid with underfloor heating, & including
matching stone sink countertops
• Improved crew laundry area, with new dryer roller
iron & storage space
• Crew area en-suites floors re-done
• Crew area dishwasher added
• Crew mess re-upholstered- New again 2020
• New laundry area added including new washer &
dryer, in garage
• Elevator recommissioned
• Aft door window replaced & doors serviced
• Door added to interior of bridge
• Captain’s cabin modified for improved efficiency
Highlights of the exterior design works
• New awning added to aft upper deck
• Upper deck storage consoles added & colour
matched to exterior finish.
• Custom exterior furniture designed & installed
• Aft deck seating added
Technical works completed
Safety / Operations:
• Safety equipment updated & surveyed to Class &
• New charts & all logbooks updated
• Planned maintenance system implemented
• Draught marks & plymsole markings reinstated as per Class & Flag requirements
• Full, updated set of drawings produced, both .dwg & .pdf, incorporating the new GA, dimension changes, name changes & corresponding updated safety
External / Technical Areas:
• Teak sanded & repaired where necessary
• Teak storage added in garage
• Paint repaired in areas around pool & other high traffic areas
• Transom repainted
• Bow repainted
• Underwater lights replaced with LED & 2 additional lights added on port & starboard sides near stern.
• Forepeak hatch closing system improved
• Windlasses serviced
• Locker latches & hinges service.
• New, larger bollards installed on the swim platform
• New illuminated name installed on transom w/port of registry in stainless steel below.
• Rub rail stains removed & rub rail resealed
• New awning added aft upper deck
• Underwater areas blasted to bare metal, with the full system for Micron 77 antifouling, under supervision by International Paints, including full manufacturer’s warranty.
• Anodes replaced.
• New teak & handrails installed on swim platform.
• New handrails added around foredeck pool area for added safetyd & replaced where necessary.
• Shower added on swim platform.
Complete AV/IT refit to include the following: - 280K
Galley & Pantry’s upgraded – 40K
• 3 x new Miele ovens
• 2 Miele Inductions
• 1 Miele fryer.
• 1 Hobart Commercial Dishwasher.
• Pantry upgrades- 2 Additional drinks fridges, new high output ice maker.
Significant Engineering Works:
• Port main engine turbo 2 has damaged and needs rebuilt – Ordering now from MTU
• Shore power convertor – New one ordered and paid from Magnus marine – To be installed
• St'bd exhaust muffler are leaking exhaust gasses.