At 50.8m, MRS L famously combines a dynamic and impressive exterior with a cosy and tranquil interior design. Designed by Cor D Rover, she was built by the prestigious Italian yard Mondomarine and delivered in 2009. Several notable studios, including Harrison Eidsgaard, Luca Dini and Frédéric Mechiche have contributed to her serene environment through a focus on rich textures and spacious surroundings.
MRS L underwent a significant refit in 2013, transforming the interior into an open, welcoming space under the direction of Harrison Eidsgaard. Exterior upgrades included a new awning to the aft upper deck, additional aft deck seating and custom exterior furniture.
Major upgrades also took place in 2020. These include a completely new AV/IT system, a new wrap on the garage beach club area and internal transom door, a number of new watertoys including a Seadoo GTX Limited 300 Jet Ski and 2x Seabobs F5, an upgraded galley and pantries, new Magnus Marine shore power converter and a new custom sea pool (in stock and ready for the new owner).
In 2021, MRS L underwent a multi million refit. The technical side involved a great deal of upgrades behind the scenes. Most notably, the laundry was repositioned to what was the garage, thus providing space for an extra twin crew cabin in the forward crew quarters. A guest restroom was created in the former garage with the remainder of the space providing ample room for a beach club area.
The upgrading of the foredeck crane to an MCA certified crane allowed the rescue tender to be stored in the plunge pool located on the forward guest area and together with a few other tweaks upgraded the vessel from her former 60 nautical mile limit, to unlimited cruising from a safe haven. Other items of note in the technical refit are the replacement of 21 air conditioning air handlers, upgrading the grey water vacuum system and refinishing every bilge in the vessel. Replacement of the entire bridge navigation systems to a state of the art flat screen paperless ECDIS system and a full upgrade of the AV/IT networks and antennae were also part of the technical refit.On the decorative side, the multi-talented designer Francis Sultana has created one of his signature masterpieces.
The large sundeck has been totally redesigned with a semi-circular forward lounging area and the creation of a full service central bar with teppanyaki grill. This has become the focal point of the summer’s relaxation and entertainment.
On the interior of the yacht Sultana left no space untouched, testament to the high level of sophistication from the wall treatments and signature pieces of furniture to the Robbe & Berking silver service, Lalique crystal, Limoges porcelain and sumptuous Gayle Warwick linens.
- Fuel: 85,000 litres / 22,454 US gallons
- Fresh Water: 16,000 litres / 4,226 US gallons
- Water Makers: 2 x 5,500 / 2 x 1,452 US gallons per day
- Lube Oil: 1,490 litres / 393 US gallons
- Dirty Oil: 1,490 litres / 393 US gallons
- Guests: 10 Guests in 5 Cabins + 2 in convertible sky lounge
- Crew: 10 / 12 Crew in 6 cabins:
- 1 x Double Captain’s cabin on upper deck with single bunkbed
- 4 x 2-Bunk crew cabins on lower deck, forward
- Exterior aft deck lounge area
- Main salon with fold out balconies
- Central elevator
- Full beam master cabin forward
- Main deck, large king size bed centrally placed on the forward bulkhead with comfortable sitting areas, entertainment system & en-suite master bathroom.
- 2 x Double cabins (can convert into 1 x full beam VIP suite)
- 2 x Twin cabins
- All 4 cabins have en-suite bathrooms with showers
- Central elevator
- Garage aft
- Sky lounge cinema can be converted into a 6th cabin with en-suite
- Exterior aft deck seating area with shading option
- Dining table for up to 10
- Sliding glass window for alfresco dining Bar
- Central elevator
- Access to the pool with shading option
- Sunbathing set-up aft
- Central lounge area with shading
- Forward lounge area with a set of semi-circular lounge pads
- Engines: 2 x MTU 12V 4000M71 ; 2,480 Hp /1,850 kW
- Engine Hours: (P) 4329 hours as of 21/11/2022; (S) 4329 hours as of 21/11/2022
- Engine Year: 2009
- Exhaust: Discharge below water level with bypass above water level for low speed operation.
- Gearbox: ZF
- Propeller: Detra Custom Made
- Propeller Shafts: Arnaval, diameter according to Lloyd’s Register classification
- Stabilisers: VT Naiad Marine system 620
- Bow thruster: Vosper Thornycroft 60 kW
- Generators: 2 x 105 kW Northern Lights M1066A1 50 Hz
- Generator Hours: As of 21/11/2022 Port: 12492 hrs, Stbd:11776 hrs
- 24V DC switch board
- Electricity: 380V AC 3-phases 220V single phases 24V DC circuit
- Shore Power
- 1 x for TV
- 1 x for Telephone
- 1 x for freshwater
- Lighting: Watertight lights on bulwark, cockpit, sun-deck & stairs
- Batteries for Generator: Gel Type
- Start Chargers: 24V batteries automatic
- Emergency: For not less than 4-hours for all communication, navigation, lighting & radio.
- 1 x Main unit for transom door & gangway, side folding ladder & aft crane
- 1 x Unit for fore–crane operation
- 1 x Unit for steering system
- ER 2 x G&R extractors
- 2 x G&R fans
- Il Frigerifero
- 2 x Chiller units
- 2 x Sea-water pumps
- Temperature controlled by thermostats fitted in each room with control fanspeed at three positions
- Fresh Air Supply: Air ducting system with air handling units of minimum 25m cubed per hour
- Air Compressor:1 x 50 litres bottle for horn & engine room
- Water Maker: 2 x Idromar MC5 (with sand filters & flow counters)
- Water System: 1 x Electric hydrophor 2 x Electric pumps 380V
- Hot Water: 2 x Electric boilers of 150 litres each
- UVA treatment installation according to Lloyds Register classification
- Toilet Syste:Jet vacuum system
- Sewage Treatment: Hamann
- Fuel Separator: Westfalia Minimax OTC2 – 380V 3-phases 50 Hz Fuel Filters:
- Double Racor filters on engines & generators
- 1 x Navtex NX 700 Monitoring
Main monitoring system in wheelhouse
- 3 x Fixed cameras, 1 x each side & 1 x aft
- 1 x Motorized camera in engine room
- 1 x Monitor in wheelhouse 1 x Monitor in crew mess
- Satcom: Seatel 120TV Radome – (New 2020)
- Inmarsat-C: 1 x FELCOM 15
- VHF:1 x VHF FM 8800 & 1 x VHF FM 2721
- SSB: 1 x SSB 1570 DSC
- Telephone Exchange: 1 x Pabx, 1 x Intercom,
- Cellular: 1 x GSM phone
- VSAT broadband 1024/256 upgradeable
- VSAT Antenna - Intellian v100NX Ka 5W radome (new 2020)
- Cisco WLAN (Wireless Local Area Network) (new 2020)
- Pep Wave Max HD 4 – DG Internet (new 2020)
- Kerio, Internet access controller
- AV System: Control 4 System (New 2020)
- Anchor Windlass: 2 x Electric windlasses Opem ASLG 19 supplied by 380V – 3-phases
- Aft Warping Capstans: 2 x Electric capstans Opem ATLG 35 supplied by 380V – 3-phases
- Anchor Chains:
- 2 x 130 m chains Ø 19 mm
1 x Anchor chains washdown integrated in bilge/ fire system
- Bollards: 12 x Bollards by Mor Saverio according to plans 1 x Mor Saverio
- Side Boarding Ladder: 1 x Stainless steel swim ladder 1 x Gangway Mor Saverio
- Swim Ladder Gangway: 1 x Swim platform accessed through an electro hydraulic transom door
- Swimming Platform: 2 x Hydraulic fore deck cranes SOLAS compliant
- Elevator: Serving 3 x decks (lower, main & upper)
- Control 4 system
- 5 x Airplay Device
- Apple TV in all guest cabins and common area
- 1 x 70» Sharp TV in Cinema lounge
- 1 x 46» Ultra Narrow public display for Owner’s suite
- 2 x 46» Slim public display for VIP cabins
- 2 x 40» Slim public display for Guests cabins
- 2 x AV Receivers in Cinema & Owner’s suite
- 2 x AV Receivers front HDMI Input in Guest cabins
- 1 x Game console; X Box 360, 250 GB, Kinect, 2 x Controllers
- Fully commercial galley - New 2021
- Rational Ovens
- New cold room fridges
- Berner inducation hobs
SAFETY & FIRE FIGHTING EQUIPMENT
• 4 x Switlik, DPS, Viking
• 4 x Life Ring stored in recesses with vessel identification as required by Sola
- 1 x Alarm panel in wheelhouse
- 1 x Alarm panel in crew mess
- 1 x FM200 fire fighting system
- Portable powder &/or CO2 &/or foam fire-extinguishers in each room & engine room
- Smoke & heat detectors are installed.
TENDERS & WATERSPORTS EQUIPMENT
- Williams 445 Diesel Jet (New 2020)
- SeaDoo GTX 300 Limited Wave Runner (New 2020)
- 2 x Sea Bob F5 (New 2020)
- 1 x Junior skis
- 1 x Adult skis
- 1 x Slalom ski• 1 x Wakeboard including bindings for women
- 2 x 1-person towable tubes
- 1 x Double person tube
- 1 x Towable banana tube
- Under Water Lights: Submerged water-lights on transom & on each side
Interior & Exterior Design
Harrison Eidsgaard, under the direction of Ben Harrison, Creative Director, transformed the interior into an open, welcoming space—existing elements were enhanced to create a relaxing, warm environment. Ben Harrison combined bespoke furniture from Davidson, Glyn Peter Michin, and Silverlining; floor coverings from Stark and Oliver Treutlein; and fabrics and leathers from Abbott & Boyd, Altfield, and Spinneybeck to create the new interior and exterior ambiance. Vedder G.m.b.H, the interior contractors, worked closely with Eidsgaard throughout to deliver precision drawings and finally, a precision interior for the Owner.
Highlights of the interior design works:
- New 190mm oak planking throughout, with custom fabricated carpet insets in seating & sleeping areas
- New fabric panels throughout, light designs replaced the original dark mahogany
- Cabinet & wardrobe doors re-covered in complementary fabrics
- All new interior furniture to complement the design aesthetic
- New window treatments throughout
- New consoles in main deck saloon with cold storage incorporated inside
- Complete alteration of the Owner’s Suite, including new side tables, new ceiling corniche panels & the bed frame re-covered in leather, custom woven leather coverings on outboard cupboards, wardrobe layout improved, new flooring & window treatments to suit.
- Guest cabins updated with fabric covered ceiling & wall panels.
- Sound deadening division added between the aft VIP cabins
- New mattresses & linens throughout – Renewed again 2020
- Bespoke & tasteful dressing of the yacht
- Day heads & en-suites updated with new stone floor laid with underfloor heating, & including matching stone sink countertops
- Improved crew laundry area, with new dryer roller iron & storage space
- Crew area en-suites floors re-done
- Crew area dishwasher added
- Crew mess re-upholstered- New again 2020
- New laundry area added including new washer & dryer, in garage
- Elevator recommissioned
- Aft door window replaced & doors serviced
- Door added to interior of bridge
- Captain’s cabin modified for improved efficiency
Highlights of the exterior design works
- New awning added to aft upper deck
- Upper deck storage consoles added & colour matched to exterior finish.
- Custom exterior furniture designed & installed
- Aft deck seating added
Technical works completed:
- Mondomarine, SCM, Metaltecnica, Seateak & others completed the technical works on board. All relevant works were completed under approval from Lloyds Register & the Maltese flag
Safety / Operations:
- Safety equipment updated & surveyed to Class &Flag’s satisfaction
- New charts & all logbooks updated
- Planned maintenance system implemented
- Draught marks & plymsole markings reinstated as per Class & Flag requirements
- Full, updated set of drawings produced, both .dwg & .pdf, incorporating the new GA, dimension changes, name changes & corresponding updated safety plan.
External / Technical Areas:
- Teak sanded & repaired where necessary
- Teak storage added in garage
- Paint repaired in areas around pool & other high traffic areas
- Transom repainted
- Bow repainted
- Underwater lights replaced with LED & 2 additional lights added on port & starboard sides near stern.
- Forepeak hatch closing system improved
- Windlasses serviced
- Locker latches & hinges service.
- New, larger bollards installed on the swim platform
- New illuminated name installed on transom w/port of registry in stainless steel below.
- Rub rail stains removed & rub rail resealed
- New awning added aft upper deck
- Underwater areas blasted to bare metal, with the full system for Micron 77 antifouling, under supervision by International Paints, including full manufacturer’s warranty.
- Anodes replaced.
- New teak & handrails installed on swim platform.
- New handrails added around foredeck pool area for added safety & replaced where necessary.
- Shower added on swim platform.
Complete AV/IT refit to include the following: - Eur 280K
- Garage beach club area and internal transom door wrapped for new look – 10K
- New Williams 445 Diesel Jet Tender in garage- 76K
- New Seadoo GTX Limited 300 Jet Ski – 22K
- New custom sea pool in stock and ready for new owner – 33K
- 2 x New Custom colour Seabob F5 – One with cameras – 30K
- Galley & Pantry’s upgraded – 40K
- Full AV control system upgrade to new Control 4 system.
- New infrastructure and remotes throughout vessel.
- Network switches & access points all upgraded to new current technology
- New 4G pep wave system installed with 2 active antennas, using 4 aggregating sims to provide internet speeds of around 40 Mbps down and 30 Mbps up.
- New Seatel 120TV Global TVRO in stock and ready to be installed
- New Intellian v100NX Ka 5W Vsat antenna in stock and ready to be installed
- Garage beach club area and internal transom door wrapped for new look – 10k
- Galley & Pantry’s upgraded – 40K
- 3 x new Miele ovens
- 2 Miele Inductions
- 1 Miele fryer
- 1 Hobart Commercial Dishwasher.
- Pantry upgrades- 2 Additional drinks fridges, new high output ice maker.
- All new Frette guest linen and towels.
- New mooring lines – 10K
- New Linen curtains through Main Saloon & Sky lounge
Significant Engineering Works:
- New Magnus Marine Shore power convertor – 89K
- 3 x MTU throttle control units replaced with new – 15K
- Port main engine turbo 2 has damaged and needs rebuilt – Ordering now from MTU
- Shore power convertor – New one ordered and paid from Magnus marine – To be installed
- St'bd exhaust muffler are leaking exhaust gasses.
REFIT ( DECEMBER 2020 TO JUNE 2021 )
- Custom glass floating coffee table with Champagne bucket designed and installed over existing sky light
- Full-service bar installed with teppanyaki grill, cold drawer, fridge, ice machine
- Old bulky sideboards removed
- New custom furniture designed and fitted forward
- New sun loungers and bar stools supplied
- New custom table with extra centre leaf to seat 18 custom designed and installed New custom sideboard and console designed by Francis Sultana installed
- All new chairs and cushions
- New sun awning
- New custom fitted furniture designed and installed
- New custom table designed and installed
- New chairs supplied
- New sun awning
- Complete repaint of stern main deck and bridge deck around to superstructure level
- Swimming pool completely refurbished with new liner and mosaic tiles
- Custom chalks manufactured for new rescue tender in swimming pool
- Custom shower installed on swim platform
- Additional 2 shackles of chain added to port and starboard anchors
- Centre two bridge windows replaced due to distorted vision
- Deck tender / jet ski crane overhauled
- Complete bow thruster rebuild and service by manufacture ZF
- Fuel Separator fully serviced
- Hull thickness measurement checked satisfactory
- Rudders dropped, full service and technical check
- Full interior AC duct cleaning
- Complete AC service, air handlers replacement
- New AC compressor plant (1-4) installed ( new chilled water circulation and seawater pumps installed )
- Complete switchboard cleaning
- All hydraulics for garage door and gangway serviced hoses replaced
- Stabilizer fins removed and replaced with new bearings and seals
- New freshwater tank sterilization "hydrosil" dosing system installed
- New Fuel transfer pump installed
- Complete rebuild of Jets Vacuum Pumps
- Extensive paint work in the Engine Room and powder coating of deck plates
- New Magnus Shore Power Convertor installed
- Complete refit from barebones
- New commercial quality stainless steel galley
- Twin Rational Oven installation
- Commercial fryer and inductions installed
- New cold room fridge/freezer system
- New extraction system with special firefighting system for Fryer New CO2 firefighting system installed in duct
- Grease trap installed
- New Insulation and flooring throughout
- Fully refitted to commercial stainless steel
- High and Osmosis glass washer
- New ice Machine installed
- New flooring throughout
- New commercial Miele dish washer installed
- 5 in 1 Tap installed - Filtered and sparkling water - Boiling water
- Complete furniture refit
- New wine Caves
- New coffee machine, microwave and fridge
- Filtered water drinking tap system installed
- New flooring
- All blinds renewed with full electronic operation, full blackout and venetian
- All fabrics deckheads and wall panels replaced and designer fabric by Francis Sultana
- Main saloon and main deck hall feature new bronze mirror bulkheads
- Main saloon features midships Eglomise mirror features - largest ever made in one piece
- Custom designed fitted rug/carpets with crushed old gold feature in main saloon and master cabin
- New custom beds and headboards designed by Francis Sultana
- All new carpet fitted through
- All existing dark wood painted and refreshed light
- Guest bilges completely emptied of old damp, smelly sound and vibration material
- All new high-tech systems installed
- Complete review and revision of guest grey water system
- Sliding doors fully refitted with new electronics and PLC's
- All air handler's condensation lines plumed correctly to grey system
- Complete upgrade of all switches
- New Control 4 AV system installed throughout
- All new speakers and amps installed
- All new TV Displays in cabins
- Cinema room features an 85" 8K screen
- Advanced business features such as click share installed
- Yacht Eye System installed through vessel with touch screen in wheelhouse New TVRO and Ka band VSAT antennas installed
- New Pepwave system with active antennas installed
- CCTV system upgraded with new Mast Cameras
LAZZARETE / BEACH CLUB:
- Transformed from Tender garage to luxury beach club / day head / laundry
- Hosts a Bar, back lit luxury Onyx bulkhead , generous day head and air conditioning
- Rescue Tender moved to pool on fore deck
- Laundry converted to Twin Crew Cabin
- New floor installed in crew mess and all crew cabins
- New table and tops installed in crew mess
- New soft furnishing installed in crew mess
- New fresh water filtration system installed
- Complete leather refit, new custom sofa, all dark wood painted
- Complete console refit , new screens with edge-to-edge glass
- Full new Transas twin ECDIS system for paperless operation
- Complete new GMDSS installation in bridge (moved from hallway)
- New owners work station installed in hallway
2022 - WINTER WORKS
- Lloyds Classification Intermediate survey
- 10,000-hour overhaul of Stabiliser hydraulic power pack motor and pump.
- Replacement of X Band Radar.
- Grey Water tank corrosion repair
- Overhaul Fuel Daily Tanks Quick closing valves ( Lloyds Requirement )
- Investigate sound insulation for grey water vacuum boxes.
- Main Fire Pump rebuild
- Main Bilge Pump rebuild
- Chemical cleaning of all Grey water and Black water pipes and tanks/vacuum boxes.
- Upgrade Air conditioning Fan coil units in Captain’s cabin, lower VIP cabins Port and Stbd.
- Installation of new 3 way valve for Emergency Fire and Bilge Diesel pump.
- Swimming Pool Leak repairs
- Electric Sliding doors repairs
- Install fuel sampling points on Main Engines (Lloyd’s requirement
- Repair Port generator Exhaust pin holes.
- Repair Fuel and Oil leaks on Main Engines
- Port Generator Overhaul due to lack of power underload.
- Annual Services of Main Engines, Generators, Jet ski, Williams tender.
- Main Deck side Pt and STB sliding doors refit. (Seals, wheels & bearings)
- Lutron Lighting Transformers refit due to age and overheating- future project to convert to LED’s
- Flexi Fog sprinkler system refit (new valves and sprinkler heads, pump mechanical seals)
- NFV fuel filter pump to be replaced with new pump.
- MTU analogue gauge’s fault to be repaired.
- Fore deck flood lights repair.
- Water makers overhaul- Octo December
- Wire up bridge deck forward electrical sockets.
- Install Star Link Internet antennas- MSS
- Redo all old, chilled water pipe insulation under crew mess.
- Repair leak on STBD main engine fuel gauge
- Install in service fuel sample points, Main engines
- Remove old fan coil in crew mess (ex-laundry)
- Quick closing valve overhaul
- Port generator exhaust pin hole leaks
- Shaft seal cooling cross over leaks
- Install rca lead from av cabinet to sundeck- could be done when pulling starlink cables
- Install socket in master cabin, port side desk
- Swimming pool leaks- stbd light and skimmer
- Port gen racor valve passing
- Hot water heating elements, test / replace