MATAU II was custom built, has countless improvements not the least of which is her 1200 HP engines!
MATAU II is a Euro Style Sedan Motoryacht with a decidedly North American flair, born in St. Catharines, Ontario Canada. Her interior is graced with a natural cherry joinery with a high gloss finish. MATAU II was custom built, has countless improvements not the least of which is her 1200 HP engines!
Boarding MATAU II is from either the swim platform and up the port or starboard steps or from either the port or starboard boarding stairs.
MATAU II has a comfortable Aft Deck with built in and loose seating, same level Salon with loose and built in furniture, a raised Galley and Dinette Area with the optional mini Lower Station.
Below are three cabins with the forward VIP and Starboard twin bed Guest Cabin sharing a portside Head and the Master on centerline with a private head and shower.
The Engine Room is accessed via a hatch in the Aft Deck sole. The large Lazarette is easily accessed via a custom transom door from the swim platform and has been optionally fitted out as a comfortable Crew Cabin.
The Flybridge Deck has easy access via comfortable stairs from the Aft Deck. The Bimini top is new 9/14 and the signature open air Sun Lounge ahead of the Helm create seating areas found only on the popular Neptunus 56/62 series of Sport Motoryachts. Further features of the Flybridge include a bar, dinette seating and a crane of the Aft Bridge Deck for a scooter if so desired.
The Salon is entered via the curved sliding Trend stainless steel entry door. The rich look of the cherry hardwood sole and high gloss cherry contrasts nicely with the black leather sofa to starboard. (New 2016). The sofa is C shaped and has storage and rope lights below. It provides seating for at least five people with its extended aft section.
A custom burlwood topped cherry coffee table with two storage drawers lies in front. The forward end of the sofa terminates into a built- in end table with two storage cabinet doors below.
To port starting aft are two full size upholstered chairs separated by a cherry wood bar cabinet with a pullout liquor drawer and a burlwood top with a Lucite table lamp.
Next forward is a curved cabinet housing a built in 37” Sharp Aquos LCD TV with four storage cabinets below. This cabinet houses a Bose Lifestyle 38 AM/FM/CD/DVD player with hard drive storage, a Direct TV receiver, the KVH service port and the attenuator for the Glomex Terrestrial TV antenna. Two black mica storage drawers are below and are behind a curved cherry door.
Also in the Salon are full drapes and a sliding insect screen on the aft door, twin square columns with sconce lights, a decorative ceiling treatment over the coffee table, a Bose five channel speaker system with a hidden subwoofer, eight halogen mini spots on a dimmer, digital AC controls and an additional storage cabinet facing aft from the Galley.
The signature two level Salon windows are covered with lined drapes.
Of special note is a 16,000 BTU self-contained AC unit installed in the Salon after the build.
The Galley is open to and two steps up from the Salon. The sole is planked cherry to match the Salon. The customized Galley of MATAU II is full beam with a small Lower Station to port. A large Dinette is to starboard. The Dinette seats at least four people with a light tan Ultra leather seating surface.
• Under mount extra deep stainless-steel sink
• Single handle spray faucet
• Separate drinking water tap
• InSinkErator stainless steel disposal
• GE 4 Burner Ceran top cook top
• Built in GE Profile Spacemaker XL 1800 microwave/convection oven w/exhaust fan & work light above the cook top
• GE Profile stainless steel self-cleaning full-size oven below cook top
• Sub Zero full size standup 200TC stainless steel refrigerator w/ (2) freezer drawers
• (11) Cherry cabinet doors
• One corner storage cabinet
• (3) Cherry drawer’s Large cabinets w/ (3) pullout storage drawers to port behind a clear door
• Corian countertop with Sea Rail
• Central vacuum outlet
• Lucite liquor bottle storage
• Overhead, four door mirrored glass cabinet w/dedicated lighting to port
• (15) Halogen mini spots – most on a dimmer
• Monogram under counter drink refrigerator w/icemaker behind a cherry door. (New 2016)
• (4) Mica drawers to port behind a cherry door
• (3) Port & (3) starboard opening windows that slide downward for cross ventilation 20” Sharp Aquos LCD TV
• Tilt cherry wood helm wheel
• MTU electronic single lever controls
• Vetus integrated bow & stern thruster control
• (2) MTU/LCD engine gauge/monitors
• (2) Wema analog fuel tank gauges
• Bennett trim tab controls & LED indicators & auto retract function
• Fireboy engine shutdown override panel
• ICOM M-504 VHF w/DSC
• Northstar 6000 I 10.5 plotter /depth
• Simrad AP16 autopilot control head
• Raymarine ST60 Tridata depth/speed/log
• 12 Volt accessory outlet
• ITT Jabsco searchlight controls
• 4 Point bilge pump monitor panel w/audio visual alarm
• Start/stop batteries Wiper controls
• Horn button Windshield defogger control
• Profile Graphic panel w/power supply LED indicators
• (2) Storage cabinets below helm
• Peterson upholstered swivel helm seat
• Postable cherry footrest
All the way forward is an Ultra Leather Upholstered Dinette to seat four to five people with storage below. A fixed burlwood top dining table sits on a riser along with the Dinette to offer better exterior visibility. Above are three dedicated halogen mini spots.
Six curved steps each with an LED step light and lead to below. Along the way in a customized two door electrical panel with a separate AC/DC electrical panel.
At the bottom of the stairs one can go aft and down two more steps to the Master Cabin furthest aft or up one step to the centerline Companionway with the Guest Cabin to starboard, Laundry Center with a GE stacked washer/dryer, (New 2016), behind cherry doors and Guest Head to port or the entrance to the forward most VIP Cabin. A skylight above offers excellent daytime lighting.
A custom large cedar lined locker just outside the Master Cabin offers excellent additional storage.
The Master Cabin is next aft. A tapered queen size berth, custom mattress, (New 2016), on centerline has two storage drawers and rope lighting below and an upholstered headboard and a curved cherry and vinyl soffit above. Two halogen reading lights are in the soffit.
Built in two drawer cherry nightstands with mirrored panels and small chrome reading lamps above flank the berth. To port is a built-in chest with ten drawers. To starboard are seven drawers and a built in upholstered seat most forward. Above the drawers are three port and three starboard large deadlights covered with shades and drapes. These new style deadlights become available in the 2007 model.
Forward on the portside is a double door, cedar lined auto lit hanging locker with an Audiovox DC DVD player and a Direct TV receiver wired to the cabin’s TV.
The Aquos 32” LCD TV is built in the forward bulkhead on the portside of the centerline arched entry door. Below is a functional vanity or desk with a stool, two drawers and a mirror. To starboard is the entrance to the cabin’s private Head and upper and lower two door corner cabinet facing aft.
Also in the cabin are battery shutoff switches, a CO detector, a digital safe under the seat, Clarion stereo speakers and a Clarion AM/FM/CD stereo, digital AC control and sixteen halogen mini spots, most on a dimmer.
The end suite Master Head has a Crema Marafil marble tile sole, a bow front cherry vanity with a storage cabinet below and a China under mount sink in a Corian countertop above. There are four mirrored medicine cabinets above the sink with a fixed dead light above covered with a pleated shade.
The stall shower has a clear glass door, a seat, a shelf, a handheld or wall mountable shower fixture, a light and an exhaust fan.
The toilet is a freshwater flush Raritan Royal Flush model, (New 2017) The overhead is mirrored with three halogen lights above and entry is via an arched hinged cherry entry door.
Entered from the forward end of the cabin are two single berths each with three drawers (one large, two small) below. Between is a cherry three drawer nightstand with AC delivery above. Outboard the starboard berth is a cherry shelf to serve as a nightstand. Two fixed dead lights with drapes are above with a reading light in a soffit above for each berth. At the foot of the berth is a cedar lined hanging locker.
Also in this cabin is a central vacuum outlet, four overhead dimmable halogen mini spots, two halogen mini spots as reading lights, digital AC controls, a dressing mirror on the reverse of the arched entry door and a carpeted sole.
The Forward Guest Head is shared by the VIP and Guest Cabins with two entry doors, one to the main Companionway and other direct to the VIP Cabin.
The sole is Crema Marafil Granite tile. The toilet is a freshwater flush full size Raritan Royal Flush model, (New 2016) The bow front cherry vanity has one cabinet below and a Corian countertop with a China under mount sink above.
Above the sink is a pleated shade covering a fixed dead light. Three mirrored medicine cabinet doors are above with rope lighting below the valance.
The shower has a clear glass door, a handheld or wall mountable fixture, a Corian shelf and a wallpaper like Mica finish on the bulkheads that is as elegant as it is practical.
Also in the shower is a light and an exhaust fan. The Head also has three halogen mini spots above in a mirrored overhead.
A custom corner cabinet above the toilet offers additional storage.
The VIP Cabin is entered via an arched cherry door. The queen size berth sits on centerline with an upholstered headboard off the forward bulkhead. Custom mattress, (New 2017).
Two large cherry storage drawers lie at the foot of the berth. There is rope lighting around the cherry keeper for the custom Innerspring mattress. Built in cherry countertops both port and starboard serve as nightstands. Above is one fixed dead light with drapes to both port and starboard. Above the shades on either side are four cherry storage cabinets to supplement the cabin’s abundant storage. Furthest forward are small sconce accent lights.
Aft to port is a cedar lined double door hanging locker and access the Forward Head.
To starboard is a matching double door cedar lined hanging locker with a 12 volt Clarion AM/FM/CD stereo player within. On the aft bulkhead are three cherry drawers with a cherry counter above. Above this is a built-in Samsung 15” LCD TV and a full height dressing mirror. The sole has access to the forward bilge and bow thruster.
Under the berth are two Clarion speakers and the disconnect switch for the bow thruster. Overhead are five halogen mini spots on a dimmer and a Bomar deck hatch with an Ocean Air sliding screen and shade.
Also in this cabin are digital AC controls and a CO monitor.
• Heavy Duty stainless steel bow rails w/welded stainless steel lifeline.
• Stainless steel anchor pulpit w/bow roller 66 lb.
• Delta stainless steel anchor
• Maxwell 3500 VW Windlass w/150' high tensile chain
• Up & down foot switches for windlass
• Freshwater wash down in bow anchor locker
• Heavy duty rub rail
• Dual spring line cleats
• International navigation lights
• Air horn
• Dual deck fills for fuel port & starboard allows single side filling
• Removable stainless steel burgee pole
• Stainless steel hand rails at bow cushion area
• Stainless steel sliding boarding gates port & starboard midship
• Raised fiberglass toe rail for safety
• Round Bomar deck hatch into VIP Cabin
• House side stainless steel handrails
• (6) Large dead lights into Master Cabin
• (2) Teak Tread steps to side deck port & starboard w/step lights
• Hailer horn
• (2) Windshield wipers & washers
• ITT spotlight, remote controlled
• Teak sole over fiberglass decks
• Covered stern cleats w/fairleads
• Built in fiberglass stairs (7) to Flybridge w/teak treads w/LED step lights
• (2) Hinged stainless steel gates to swim platform
• Custom high gloss cherry table w/stainless steel pedestals & cover Covered Aft Deck fully covered by
Flybridge deck above (5) Stainless steel LED lights in Aft Deck Overhead Built in Aft Deck seating for four
w/removable cushions & cover
• Wet bar w/sink & Corian countertop
• Miele electric BBQ grill to port under a hinged lid
• Locker for storage under bar
• TV inlet w/cord Telephone inlet w/cord
• 750 lb. Capacity hydraulically operated swim platform for tender storage
• Huge full beam Lazarette w/5’ of headroom configured as a Crew Cabin
• Bose stereo speakers
• Pressure water inlet
• Deck waste pump out plate Hot & cold shower in custom cabinet to starboard
• (2) Stainless steel support poles to Boat Deck
• Aft Deck camera (New 2016)
• Custom watertight entry door from swim platform into Crew Cabin
• Stainless steel porthole on port & starboard side of Aft Deck seat into Lazarette
• Freshwater wash down
• (3) Underwater lights
• Marqipt 5 step boarding stairs with railing (New 2017)
• Curved Trend stainless steel trimmed entry doors
• 110V GFCI outlet at swim platform for tender battery charger
The Lazarette area of MATAU II is finished off as a proper Crew Cabin. Entrance is via the watertight door on the stern platform. This was a $30,000 option when new.
Two steps down is a small area with 6’4” headroom. In this area is a vanity with a stainless-steel sink, a mirror, two cabinet drawers below and an opening stainless steel porthole on the portside.
The berth has three drawers and a cabinet below. At the foot of the berth is a cabinet with three additional drawers. Further outboard is a Raritan Atlantis head and a TV above. (New 2016)
There is a stall shower with 6’2” headroom, a seat, a handheld or wall mountable fixture, a light, an exhaust fan and a clear Lexan door.
Also in this cabin are seven halogen mini spots, a stern thruster, Danby refrigerator, an Emerson microwave, Clarion stereo with speakers, a 12-volt electrical panel and a CO detector. Built in and not easily seen is the steering gear and twin Charles ISO transformers, both with boost capability.
The Flybridge of MATAU II was designed with open air cruising in mind. The owner custom ordered a soft top allowing full sun when desired.
Access is via teak steps to starboard. A small fold down panel gives easy access to the aft area of the Flybridge seating. The sole of the forward area under the Bimini top is teak.
J shaped seating is aft and to port. Six people are accommodated comfortably. A varnished teak table on twin polished stainless steel pedestals offers alfresco dining.
A large bar with Corian top is next forward. There is a stainless steel under mount sink with cover, a removable ice bucket with cover, two storage cabinets and a bank of drawers below.
The entire bridge is covered with a new (October 2014) white Bimini top.
Another bar area with a (new Oct 2014) Norcold refrigerator and additional storage is to starboard.
Bridge Equipment includes:
• Fiberglass radar arch
• (4) Clarion Two Stage speakers
• A Marquipt 600 lb. davit aft of the seating
• A stainless and life line railing aft of the davit
• Removable stainless steel flag pole w/cover
• 2 Down light in the arch
• 4’ Furuno open array radar (New 2016)
• KVH Tracvison 4 sat dome
• Black & tinted Plexi Venturi windscreen
• EPIRB (New 2016)
• Neptunus Signature sun lounge forward of helm on Flybridge w/removable cushions & cover
• Twin upholstered two-person helm chairs w/fold down footrests
• Covers for all Flybridge seating Clarion DCZ 625 CD changer in port bar unit
• GFCI outlet at aft davit for battery charger hookup
• (2) MTU LCD gauge panels for main engines
• (2) MTU electronic clutch & throttle controls
• (2) Furuno High Definition Monitors (New 2016)
• Furuno Navnet 3D processor (New 2016)
• Furuno 6 KW 4’ array HD radar scanner (New 2016)
• Ritchie 5" Powerdamp compass
• Simrad AP 25 autopilot head
• GPS/WAAS antenna (New 2016)
• AIS transceiver (New 2016)
• Furuno RD33 display (New 2016)
• ITT Jabsco searchlight controls
• Vetus bow & stern thruster controls (15 hp) (dual controls)
• Bennett trim tab controls w/indicators
• ICOM IC-M504 VHF radio w/DSC
• ICOM remote VHF speaker
• Satellite weather antenna (New 2016)
• Teleflex tilting helm wheel w/cover
• Fireboy fire system override controls
• Windlass controls
• 12V DC outlet
• Clarion CMD6 AM/FM/CD stereo
• Generator on indicator lights
• Portside start/stop controls, engine controls as wing controls
• Bow & stern thruster control
• Helm cover
• Furuno flux gate compass (New 2016)
• Twin MTU 8V2000 1200 hp diesel engines, 1,020 hours
• Anti-vibration mounts for engines & generators
• 15 hp Vetus 24-volt DC electric bow thruster 10 hp
• Vetus 24-volt DC electric stern thruster
• (4) Automatic/manual bilge pumps w/"Ultra" bilge pump switches
• Head Hunter Mach V 110v freshwater pump
• A.O. Smith 30 Gallon water heater
• (4) Fluorescent Engine Room lights
• 110V GFCI outlet
• (2) 110V Engine Room fans
• FRP flooring between engines
• 3" Aquamet 22 stainless steel shafts
• Dripless shaft seals Site tubes for both fuel tanks
• (2) Engine Room blowers
• 2" Heavy duty insulation material covered w/white aluminum perforated paneling
• Oil Exchanger oil change system for engines, transmissions & generator
• 30 lb. Fireboy automatic fire suppression system
• Air filters on Engine Room air intakes
• Jabsco Vane Puppy fuel transfer pump
• Centrek Industries gas/water separator for generator exhaust
• Teleflex power steering system w/dual pumps, one off each transmission
• Marine Air 72,000 BTU chilled water air conditioning w/(5) air handlers & (3) compressors for variable
command (Chillers New 2016)
• Dual Racor 1000 FG fuel filters w/vacuum gauges for main engines
• (1) Racor 500 filter for generator
• Marquipt 5 step boarding stairs (New 2017)
• Engine room camera (New 2016)
• (2) Engine block heaters
• ZF 550A Transmissions w/1.97:1 reduction
• Airsep crankcase ventilation system
• 422 Gallon aluminum forward fuel tank
• 683 Gallon aluminum aft fuel tank
• Site gauges for both fuel tanks
• Oversize Groco sea strainer & sea valves for main engines
• (2) Aluminum baffeled water tanks
• Aluminum baffeled waste tank
• Central vacuum system
• Macerator pump for waste tank w/timer switch
• Fiberglass wrapped single tube exhaust system
• 110V/220V 60 Hz AC system
• 12V/24V DC system
• 23 kW Kohler generator in sound shield w/2,272 hours
• (3) Banks of 12-volt gel cell batteries separated by blocking diodes as follows:
• (2) 8D's (450 ah) for house 12V, (2) 4D's (360 ah) for engine starting 24V plus (2) 12 volt batteries for bow &
stern thruster (24V system)
• DC Digital voltmeter / DC Digital amp meter
• AC Digital voltmeter w/dual positions to read each leg of power
• AC Digital amp meter w/dual positions to read each leg of power
• (20) Breaker protected 110-volt AC circuits
• (10) Breaker protected 220-volt AC circuits
• (44) Breaker protected DC circuits
• Central bonding system w/shaft brushes
• Promariner 30 amp 24-volt battery charger
• (2) 50 amp Glendinning cord reels w/75’ of cord each
• Generator "on" indicator light at Flybridge Helm
• (5) Battery shutoff switches
• (2) Galvanic isolators Port engine alternator 85 amps, 28V Starboard engine alternator 135 amps, 14V (3) Gang
centrally located GFCI’s at main bus
• (2) Charles Smart Boost 15 KVA transformers Generator start/stop at main electrical panel
• Water tank level indicator at main electrical panel
• Waste tank level indicator at main electrical panel
• Separate battery for generator starting with Promariner 30amp Charger. (New 2017)
The boat is a composite construction using Kevlar Hybrid materials for superior strength and puncture resistance. Six longitudinal foam stringers and 20 transverse foam stringers enclosed with stitched woven roving, reinforce the entire hull bottom. The hull sides above the waterline are cored. The engine stringers run from stern to bow with steel top plates for engine mounting. The Deep (19.5 degrees) Vee Hull has been designed to ensure a vessel with excellent sea keep qualities. Special attention has been given to a ratio between installed power, speed and fuel consumption. Two layers of Interlux 2000E primer beneath the bottom paint.
Surely the fastest 62’ Neptunus built, and has been maintained professionally by its current owner!
Emptied of all personal belongings and very seriously for sale.